Services were held in the area as early as 1854 - and were held in homes and in barns. In 1873, the log church of St Patrick’s was built and in 1894, after raising all the funds from the community, the present stone church was completed. It was consecrated by Bishop John Travers Lewis on December 4, 1895.
Today it sits with the St Patrick’s cemetery on one side and the union cemetery on the other, the shiny spire visible from a distance away.
St Patrick's has long been paired with St Stephen's Micksburg and St Thomas Rankin and the three churches rotate location for Sunday worship.