St John the Evangelist sits atop the hill overlooking the town and the Bonnechere River. We are a lively congregation who love to serve God in our community.
The first services in Eganville were held starting in 1854 in private homes, before moving to the Union Church in 1863. These services were conducted by the priest in Pembroke. The first church was a white frame building built on property reserved for a church from the estate of John Egan.
In 1911 a disastrous fire destroyed most of the village of Eganville, including the church and rectory. The stone church now standing was built to replace it. It was partially completed in time for Christmas 1912 and was consecrated by Bishop Hamilton on June 2, 1914.