The first missionary service was held in Cobden in 1863 and by 1869 regular services were being held first at the school and then at the town hall.
St Paul’s was opened on January 25, 1884 and consecrated by Bishop Hamilton on June 17, 1902. In 1919, the Church of the Good Shepherd, Haley’s was taken down and brought to Cobden to be erected as the church hall.
Today, the congregation meets weekly at 11am. The first and third Sunday of the month is Morning Prayer and the second and fourth is Holy Eucharist