St Augustine’s Church has been serving the Beachburg community since at least the 1880s.
Services were held in the Orange Hall prior to 1883 when the first building was opened on May 26, 1883 by Bishop John Travers Lewis. It was consecrated by Bishop Hamilton in 1886. Bishop Hamilton would become the first bishop of Ottawa when the diocese was formed, ten years later. The church was completely redecorated and then rededicated by Bishop Robinson in 1972.
St Augustine’s sits on the edge of the water and it’s beautiful stained glass windows reflect the natural beauty that surrounds it outside.