St Augustine’s Chapel has been serving the Beachburg community since at least the 1880s.
Services were held in the Orange Hall prior to 1883 when the first building was opened on May 26, 1883 by Bishop John Travers Lewis. It was consecrated by Bishop Hamilton in 1886. Bishop Hamilton would become the first bishop of Ottawa when the diocese was formed, ten years later. The church was completely redecorated and then rededicated by Bishop Robinson in 1972.
St. Augustine's was designated as a chapel, under the sponsorship of St. Stephen's Micksburg, in December 2022. Beginning in 2023, regular services will be held at St. Augustine's four times per year. The chapel also remains available at all times for baptisms, weddings and funerals.
St Augustine’s sits on the edge of the water and its beautiful stained glass windows reflect the natural beauty that surrounds it outside.