Lent is a time to prepare for the celebration of Easter and the renewal of our lives. We begin this season of preparation by remembering our need for repentence with the sign of ashes - an ancient sign speaking of the frailty and uncertainty of human life, and marking the penetince of the community as a whole.
We are invited to observe a holy Lent by self-examination, penitence, prayer, fasting, and almsgiving, and by reading and meditating on the Word of God. We begin that journey with Ash Wednesday.
Ash Wednesday services across the Parish of the Valley will be held at:
- Holy Trinity Pembroke at 10am and 7pm
- All Saints Petawawa at 2pm
- Ascension Killaloe at 4pm
- St Paul's Cobden at 2pm
- St George's South Alice at 6pm
- St John's Eganville at 7pm
- St Anthony's Whitney at 9am
- Epiphany Barry's Bay at 11am