In 1867, a timber frame Methodist Church was erected in Rankin. In 1889, the Anglican congregation purchased the building and named it “St Thomas.” In 1919 it was decided to move the location of the church and a new site was secured and the old church building and property was sold in 1922. Worship continued in the Orange Hall until the new church was completed.
The new St Thomas Rankin was consecrated by Bishop Roper on July 19, 1932. The church sits like a beacon on Ontario Hwy 41 with the cemetery across the road.