St Clement’s is situated on the historic Opeongo Road which was built in 1854 in order to connect the Ottawa River with Lake Opeongo, and to open up the wilderness for settlement. The congregation was organized about 1890 on the initiative of Bishop John Travers Lewis. During the first few years, services were held in the log homes of the settlers.
The church building was constructed in 1892 on property owned by the William Giernan family and was consecrated by Bishop Hamilton on October 8, 1892.
Today, St Clements is designated as a Memorial Chapel and we celebrate a once a year cemetery service on the last Sunday in August.