Holy Trinity Chapel was built in 1901 on land donated by the Canadian Atlantic Railway. In 1942, the whole village of Madawaska was forced to move when the dam on Bark Lake was erected and the townsite was flooded. The church building was moved to the new village and rededicated on January 31, 1943 by the priest and the Rural Dean.
Today Holy Trinity is one of two chapels in the Parish of the Valley, and they have services a couple of times a year. The church stands in the middle of town with its well-kept and well-used cemetery, reminding passers by of this Anglican presence for over a century.